Are you looking to improve your company’s local search rankings? If so, our definitive guide will help you understand everything there is to know about local SEO and how ObenInc’s local SEO agency team can help you achieve your online marketing goals!
Local SEO: The Basics
Before diving into the best local SEO strategies for your business, it’s important to get to grips with the basics of local SEO and how it works to improve online rankings on a local scale.
What is Local SEO?
Local search engine optimisation (SEO) is an online marketing practice that involves optimising a website for a specific local area. This type of SEO is well-suited to shop owners, restaurants and other local businesses who wish to attract customers in a certain location or nearby areas.
How does Local SEO work?
Local SEO works in a similar way to a regular search engine search. However, the difference is that Google uses a unique set of ranking factors to distinguish businesses in local results. These factors include:
- The location of the user
- Whether the business has a Google My Business listing
- The keywords used in Google My Business listings
- Online reviews and the keywords used
- Social media shares
- Google Maps rating
- The amount of location ‘check-ins’
Why is Local SEO important for businesses?
Local SEO is an important tool for physical businesses that rely on local customers to increase profits. Using an effective local SEO strategy will enable your business to stand out against competitors, as you can benefit from the increase in local search intent, with 76% of consumers using their phones to find local businesses.
Local SEO Keyword Research
To ensure your local SEO campaign is successful, our local SEO team conducts in-depth keyword research that is specific to your business and individual customer base.
What is local SEO keyword research?
Local SEO keyword research essentially means finding popular and specific search terms that are right for your business in order to boost rankings in certain locations.
Why are local SEO keywords important?
Local SEO keyword research is one of the most important elements of an effective local SEO strategy. Here at ObenInc, we spend a significant amount of time finding the right keywords for each individual business, which helps us understand which keywords are popular and how they can be incorporated into high-quality content to improve visibility and clicks.
How do you find the right local SEO keywords?
Pinpointing the right local SEO keywords is vital, as this will significantly increase visibility and rankings. At ObenInc, we use a variety of different techniques to find the right keywords for your local business, including:
- Finding the right target audience and understanding what they want and need
- Researching the most popular products or services
- Analysing search volume and keyword difficulty
Local SEO Tools
Here at ObenInc, we use only the best local SEO tools for monitoring, management and discovery to ensure your business stands out from any competitors.
What are local SEO tools?
Local SEO tools are used by every local SEO agency to help with everything from keyword research and on-site content to paid advertising and competition analysis.
What are the benefits of using local SEO tools?
There are an unlimited amount of benefits to using local SEO tools, including:
- Monitoring search rankings and performance
- Encouraging customer engagement
- Discovering the right keywords
- Spying on the competition
What tools can you use to monitor local rankings?
There are a wide range of tools that can be used to monitor and boost local SEO rankings, including:
- Google My Business management tools
- Keyword monitoring tools
- Listing management tools
- Content strategy tools
Local Link Building
To boost your company’s rankings, you must have an effective link building strategy in place. Gaining high-quality links will establish your website as a reliable source, resulting in increased rankings.
What is local link building?
Sourcing local backlinks involves gaining links from reputable and relevant sites in the local area. This can significantly improve your organic online search rankings and will also help you expand your customer base.
What are the benefits of link building?
There are a significant amount of benefits involved in implementing an effective link building strategy for your local business, including:
- The ability to reach a wider audience
- A good strategy will make your site more credible and reliable
- Identifies local partnerships and collaboration for increased exposure
- Increase qualified leads and profits
- Boosts your brand and reputation
How can you build powerful links for your business?
Here at ObenInc, we dedicate a significant amount of time to link building to ensure your business is recognised as a reputable site with excellent partnerships with other businesses in the local area.
To build powerful links, we typically use the following methods:
- Adding NAP (Name, address, phone) citations in local listings on Google, Yell and more.
- Working with local bloggers and social media influencers
- Connecting and collaborating with the local community and other businesses
How ObenInc’s Local SEO Agency Can Help Your Business Thrive Online
By investing in ObenInc’s local SEO services, we can work together and use our knowledge of specific areas to create relevant content that is unique to the location and your brand. This will offer numerous benefits, such as:
- Cost-effective marketing
- Increased Google Maps visibility
- A boost in search engine rankings
- Increase in website traffic
- Boosts your brand’s reputation
- Increase in foot traffic to your physical business
To find out more about our local SEO agency services, get in touch today to find out how we can help your local business get the online recognition it deserves.